The DDC-Online write-up Test contains 25 inquiries pulled randomly indigenous the following financial institution of concerns -QUESTIONS:1. The solitary most common cause of motor automobile collisions is wrong driving. True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Improper steering is the single most common reason of motor vehicle collisions.
You are watching: Follow the four rs (read, right, reduce, and ride) when ________.
2. What is protective driving?steering to conserve lives, time, and also money despite the conditions about you and also the plot of others. (correct)Following the rules of the road.Driving only once it is for sure to do so.Avoiding aggressive motorists FEEDBACK: protective driving deserve to be identified as control to save lives, time, and also money, in spite of the conditions around you and the plot of others.
3. The three an easy steps that the DDC Collision prevention Formula space ________.Prevent, Avoid, UnderstandAnalyze, Decide, ReactRecognize,_Understand,_Act_(correct)">Recognize, Understand, plot (correct)Reflect, Reframe, Refocus FEEDBACK: Recognize, Understand, and also Act correctly with time are the three basic steps of the DDC Collision avoidance Formula.
4. The 3 stages the a collision include: 1. The vehicle Crash; 2. The person Crash; and also 3. The external Crash.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. The three stages that a collision include: 1. The vehicle Crash; 2. The human Crash; and also 3.The internal Crash.
5. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat occupants can end up being high-speed projectiles striking civilization in the front seat. As a result, the front-seat passenger’s risk of fatality greatly increases.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat occupants become high-speed projectiles striking people in the front seat. As a result, the front-seat passenger’s hazard of fatality greatly increases.
6. A person’s capacity to journey safely have the right to be impaired by usage of certain over-the-counter drugs?True (correct)False FEEDBACK: Yes, a person’s ability to journey safely deserve to be impaired through the usage of specific prescription and also over-the-counter drugs. Because that instance, excessive drowsiness, mental confusion, and also breathing difficulty can result from mixing alcohol and particular cough, cold, and also allergy medications.
7. Follow to one national Highway traffic Safety management (NHTSA) study of multi-state deadly collisions, how plenty of drivers had actually drugs various other than alcohol in their bodies?One in 5 (correct)One in sixOne in sevenOne in eight FEEDBACK: follow to one nationwide Highway web traffic Safety administration (NHTSA) study of multi-state fatal collisions, virtually one in five motorists had drugs various other than alcohol in your bodies.
8. Usage the ________ to keep alert and be ready to clues hazards.“What If?” strategy (correct)Four RsDelayed acceleration techniqueRule that Thirds FEEDBACK: use the “What If?” strategy to save alert and be prepared to spot hazards once you space driving, look around at every the various other vehicles. Pick one and think around what the driver can do the could cause you a problem. “What if that driver to be to pull the end in front of you? What would you do?” If we carry out this block-by-block, mile-by-mile, this strategy will keep us mentally alert and also will also prepare united state for the third step that the DDC Collision avoidance Formula, acting correctly, in time.
9. Safety belts increase our opportunity of making it through a collision by more than _____ percent.20304050 (correct) FEEDBACK: safety and security belts increase our possibility of enduring a collision by more than 50 percent.
10. In a vehicle equipped with an airbag, just how much room should there be between the driver’s chest and also the center of the steering wheel?. PRETEST and also POSTTEST financial institution7 to 10 inches9 come 12 inches12 to 15 inches (correct)15 to 18 inches FEEDBACK: There should be 12 come 15 inches between the driver’s chest and also the facility of the steering wheel.
11 some physical conditions of a driver the can add to a collision include age, and also vision.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Age and also vision are several of the physical problems of a driver the can add to a collision.
12. Of every the everyday driving problems we meet, we can only regulate ourselves and also ________.The roadOur car (correct)The lightThe traffic FEEDBACK: Of every the daily driving problems we meet, we have the right to only control ourselves and also our vehicle.
13. In poor driving conditions, the very first steps we have to take room to ________ and also ________.journey to the right; sluggish downDrive come the shoulder; stopSlow down; increase following distance (correct)Cover the brake; scan ahead FEEDBACK: In poor driving conditions, the an initial steps we must take room to slow down and also increase complying with distance.
14. Once driving behind a huge truck, if girlfriend can’t watch the truck’s two external mirrors, you are ________.complying with too closelyDriving in the driver’s remote spotUnable come scan the road aheadAll of above (correct) FEEDBACK: all of the over are correct.
15. ________ is the recommended safe adhering to distance in an excellent conditions.One secondTwo secondsThree seconds (correct)Four seconds FEEDBACK: Three secs is the encourage safe adhering to distance in good condition.
16. ________ is the number one unsafe driving actions that contributes to violations and also collisions.Right-of-wayImproper turnsFollowing too closelyToo much or unsafe rate (correct) FEEDBACK: Too much or unsafe speed is the number one unsafe driving actions that contributes come violations and also collision.
17. Usage the delay acceleration method when ________.waiting to go through an intersection (correct)Starting come pass an additional vehicleWaiting to unify onto one expresswayAvoiding a head-on collision FEEDBACK: use the delayed acceleration method when wait to go with an intersection.
18. Statistically speaking, where space your chances greatest for a collision?In a parking lotAt one intersection (correct)On one expresswayOn a rural roadway FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, your opportunities are highest possible for a collision as soon as you space at one intersection.
19. Once approaching any kind of intersection, the best method to avoid a collision is to ________.check out the road aheadCover the brake and also scan ahead (correct)Follow the three-second rule.Maintain speed and also cover the brake FEEDBACK: as soon as approaching any kind of intersection, one way to stop a collision is come cover the brake and scan the road ahead. Extending the brake means you will be ready to react and stop quicker in instance of a hazard.
20. Before passing one more vehicle, the first major action is to ________.examine blind spotsTurn top top the directional signalDecide if the pass is essential (correct)Divide the pass into thirds FEEDBACK: prior to passing one more vehicle, the first major action is to decide if the happen is necessary. Examine your adhering to distance. Space you at the very least 3 secs behind the automobile in front of you? Is that car traveling at a reasonable speed? Next, examine your speed. Will certainly you require to increase to an unsafe speed, or over the legal limit to happen or overtake another vehicle? comment “yes” to this questions means you probably do not need to pass.
21. Monitor the four Rs (Read, Right, Reduce, and Ride) once ________.staying clear of a head-on collision (correct)Following as well closelyApproaching one intersectionIncreasing following distance FEEDBACK: A head-on collision is the many fatal form of collision. When an additional vehicle is headed right at you, girlfriend only have a couple of seconds to decide what to execute to get out of the way. The nationwide Safety council has emerged a lifesaving an approach for drivers to use to avoid a head-on collision. That is referred to as the 4 Rs: Read, Right, Reduce, and also Ride.
22. The is agree to increase the rate of your vehicle over the legal speed limit to happen or overtake another vehicle ~ above the road.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. The is never ever acceptable to increase the speed of your vehicle over the legal speed limit to happen or overtake an additional vehicle ~ above the road. Speeding is a conscious an option made by vehicle drivers for i beg your pardon they are responsible. Chauffeurs who choose excessive speed think they space taking control, but just the contrary happens. Higher speed reduces part physical control of the vehicle’s steering and increases its avoiding distance. This method it reduces the moment a driver needs to avoid a collision and increases the opportunity for and also severity the the collision.
23. If that is raining and you are tired while driving, how plenty of seconds of following distance need to you use?TwoThreeFourFive (correct) FEEDBACK: If the is raining and you are exhausted while driving, girlfriend should include 5 seconds adhering to distance. Utilizing the 3-second complying with distance rule, add at least 2 more seconds to same 5 seconds complete following distance.
24. Zero-tolerance regulations prohibit the possession and also use of alcohol addict beverages by drivers and vehicle citizens under the period of _____.161821 (correct)24 FEEDBACK: Zero-tolerance regulations prohibit the possession and use of alcohol addict beverages by drivers and vehicle citizens under age 21. States pass these regulations to discourage alcohol usage by chauffeurs under period 21. In various other words, they are regulations intended to prevent needless death and injury. Zero-tolerance laws provide that any amount that alcohol in the human body of a driver under period 21 is one offense. The offender’s driver’s license may be suspended for a period of time or revoked.
25. If you space driving a car equipped v an anti-lock brake system (ABS), and the auto starts to skid, friend should: rotate the steering wheel __________________.In the direction you want the prior of the car to go (correct)In the opposite direction you want the former of the automobile to goBack and also forth in both directionsDo not revolve the steering wheel FEEDBACK: If you room driving a automobile equipped through an anti-lock brake device (ABS), and also the car starts come skid, you should: rotate the steering wheel in the direction you want the front of the automobile to go.
26. Once you approach a car using their high-beam lights, friend should:Look to the facility of the road.Turn on her high-beam lights.Look to the side of the roadway at the white line. (correct)Turn on her low-beam lights. FEEDBACK: as soon as you technique a auto using your high-beam lights, you must look to the side of the roadway at the white line.
27. Statistically speaking, about how plenty of times in her life will you be connected in a collision?TwoFourSix (correct)Eight FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, you will be associated in a collision at the very least six time in her life.
28. For every 10 miles per hour (16 kph) end 50 mph (80 kph), the risk of death in a website traffic collision is doubled.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Because that every 10 miles per hour (16 kph) over 50 mph (80 kph), the hazard of fatality in a website traffic collision is doubled.
29. The law clearly states i beg your pardon driver has the right-of-way.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. As soon as it concerns the right-of-way, the reality is the law offers no driver the right-of-way. Website traffic regulations just state who should yield the right-of-way. So, the old concept of “having” the right-of-way is wrong—so wrong the it have the right to kill you!
30. In ~ 40 mph, what is this car’s reaction distance?30 feet33 feet40 feet44 feet (correct) FEEDBACK: Reaction street is calculated by acquisition the first digit of your speedometer analysis (which in this instance is 4) and including it to your complete speed per hour (which in this situation is 40 mph). Based upon this calculation, once traveling at 40 mph, your car’s reaction distance is 44 feet.
See more: Does Whiskey Go Bad? How Long Does Jack Daniels Last ? How Long Will Jack Daniels Keep After Opening
31. You have to use the high-beam headlights come see and to be seen. Even in foggy conditions, usage the high-beam lightsTrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. You have to use the LOW-beam headlights to see and to be seen. Even in foggy problems use the LOW-beam lights. High beams reflect the light directly ago into ours eyes. This can impair our vision.