Alexander"s conquest of the Greek caused the weakening the the Greek"s defense. Then, he broadened his empire, adopted the Greek culture, and spread Hellenistic impacts throughout his empire.
You are watching: How did alexander’s attempt to make his empire secure help lead to the hellenistic age?
Alexander the an excellent conquered many brand-new areas to broaden his empire which assisted spread the Greek culture to the lands that conquered. The diffusion the Greek society was component of the Hellenistic age, referring to all things Greek.Read more on -
1. The Greek homeland was in the southernmost part of the Balkan Peninsula, and also the archipelago in the Aegean Sea. The northernmost allude where the Greeks had territory to be to the mount Olympus. The ar of the Greek homeland loved one to the neighboring area concerns be in the main western part of Mediterranean Sea. It is tho not completely clear from wherein did the Greeks came in this area, yet it is believed that the was more than likely from Asia Minor, with their ancestors being well-known as Doric people.
*note: Macedonia was not part of the Greek city-states. The Macedonians had different ethnic background, different culture, and also different language 보다 the Greeks.
2. There"s a typical misconception the Alexander gained control of Greece, yet that is actually not true. It to be Alexander"s father, Philip II that Macedon who dominated the Greek city-states, if Alexander inherited them and just strengthened the control over them together the Greeks open minded hated the Macedonians that they considered as barbarians, so it to be the greatest humiliation come be ruled by them. Also, it was no all Greek city-states the were conquered, v Sparta gift left alone and also independent.
3. Soon after he flourished the empire, Alexander started to organize armed forces campaigns. He started with the Balkans, and managed to combine his location in Thrace, southerly Illiria, as well as Greece. Than he moved toward east, having many battles through the Persians, and also constantly pushing them toward east. By the year of 332 BCE, the Macedonian Empire regulated to include the southern fifty percent of the Balkans, Asia Minor, the western component of the center East, and Egypt.
4. The Macedonian army and also the Persian military had the majority of battles till the last outcome was decided. The Macedonian army, regardless of being substantially smaller, managed to win fight by battle, leading to lot of damages to the Persians. Darius got an extremely mad about how points were going, so he gathered massive army, helped even by thousands of Greek soldiers who fought alongside the Persians regardless of having wars through them recently, yet they hated the Macedonians more. Alexander showed his tactical capability on the battlefield, by regulating to outmaneuver the Persian army and also destroy it at Gaugamela, with Darius having to flee from the scene so that he doesn"t finish up dead. With the emperor that Persia out of the way, this fight turned out to be decisive, and Alexander victoriously marched v Persia, claiming that as part of Macedonia.
5. After ~ the win of Gaugamela, Alexander had actually the Persian empire under his feet. That marched with it with his army, claiming the Persian lands to himself. The very first stop the Alexander made was in the funding of Persia, Babylon, wherein he official presented self to the Persians as their new king. The then ongoing east to Susa, the former capital of Persepolis, before transforming northwards to Pasargadae. The final major Persian city i beg your pardon was visited by Alexander was the funding of Bactria, Bactra, after which he started to move toward southeast and also reached the Indian subcontinent.
6. Alexander"s empire controlled to stretch indigenous the west Balkan as far eastern as the northwestern component of India, making the the largest realm the human being had seen till then, and also in fact it is still one of the largest empire to have ever before existed. When contrasted the maximum size that the empire reached through the maps before the last conquests, the is easily noticeable the the Macedonian realm has raised significantly, and also on peak of it, in a very short period of time. The empire controlled to come to be so huge in together a short period of time since the bulk of the territory conquered by Alexander to be actually managed by Persia, so when Persia was defeated, the realm gained enormous territory over night.
Alexander was aware that his empires spanned numerous nations and cultures and also he thought about that the unifying element was the Enlightened Greek classic Culture. He did however try to hybridize local cultures with Greek cultures in order to homogenize his empire and carry out it v political and cultural stability. The favored the flow of Greek inhabitants to every the lands he conquered and established military garrisons and imposed Greek legitimate rule. In spite of the rejection of his hybridization attempts by both his Greek and non-Greek subjects, Greek culture, Science and Arts significantly influenced every the lands that he conquered. The fact the after ~ his fatality his competing generals ultimately split his empire in autonomous Greek Empires and also Kingdoms further spread Greek society since they go not look for to hybridize the society but to impose that on the dominated territories. Back these populaces resisted together acculturation, they were inevitably affected by the Greek methods of the judgment Greek minority.
Alexander´s effort to make his empire secure assisted the Hellenistic period by spreading Greek society in a very huge area. Alexander"s preeminence led come exchange and blend of culture which meant a lot of changes in geography. This to be the Hellenistic Age.
The Hellenistic period is justification by the level of the Hellenic society in ancient period for the European and near asian areas, due to the Greek political presence after Alexander"s conquests, but likewise to a new wave the Greek colonization.
The Hellenistic duration (politically) is defined by a division from Alexander"s previous empire.
The exactly answer to this open up question is the following.
See more: .55 Acres To Square Feet - Convert 55 Acres To Square Feet
Alexander’s effort to make his empire secure help lead come the Hellenistic age in the he not only looked after the realm as a are to it is in dominated however he cared about the spread out of the Greek concepts and society to influence their conquered territories.
After the fatality of Alexander, the Hellenistic culture started to blend through other cultures in Asia and Africa. After his conquests, Alexander respected the overcame cultures and enabled people to maintain their beliefs, so world thanked the chance and also they were more receptive to the greek influence.