Conversions from HPs come Watts and vice versa space often forced when taking care of batteries and also marine/automotive applications, but may lead to errors, due to the fact that there room several interpretations of steed Power (HP) and the lot of power that the represents.
You are watching: How many watts is 1 hp
Here is the list of the most popular and most generally used horse Power (HP) definitions and their indistinguishable values given in Watts.
Published: February 24, 2021.
Horse power (HP) Names and Definitions
Since equines were provided for eras for miscellaneous tasks, v the creation of the heavy steam engine, electric motor, internal combustion engines, etc. It was compelled to discover the method how come compare functioning abilities of steeds with the functioning abilities of new engines.
And horse Power (HP) was born. And also as constantly in life, number of versions, regularly very similar started to be used, causing confusion and sometimes errors.
Here room the name of the most usual HPs and also their values (alphabetic order):
- wait Horsepower: hp = 745.69987 W,
- Boiler Horsepower: hp(S) = 9812.5 W,
- electric Horsepower: hp(E) = 746 W,
- Hydraulic Horsepower: hp = 745.69987 W
- mechanically Horsepower: hp(I) = 745.69987 W,
- Metric Horsepower: hp(M) = 735.49875 W.
As one deserve to see, most HPs are roughly 745.69987 W and also thus, electric horsepower is identified as being:
1 HP = 746 watts
Also, this way that 1 kW equates to to:
1 kW = 1.3404825 HP
or, 1 W equates to to:
1 W = 0.0013404825 HP
For example, Mighty Max ML75-12 SLA AGM battery functions 60 minutes continuous power discharge worth of 586.2 watts, discharged down to 9.6 volts, which equates to to:
P = 586.2 watt = 586.2/746 = 0.78579 HP
Long Story Short: below is the list of common HP values converted into watts:
- 1 HP to watts - 746 watts,
- 1.5 HP to watts - 1119 watts,
- 2 HP to watts - 1492 watts,
- 5 HP to watts - 3730 watts,
- 10 HP to watt - 7460 watts, or 7.46 kW,
- 100 HP to watt - 74600 watts, or 74.6 kW.
See more: I Inherited A Coin Collection Now What ? Jeff Garrett: What To Do With Inherited Coins
Also, here is the list of most common wattage values converted right into the HPs:
- 100 watts to HP - 0.134 HP,
- 500 watts to HP - 0.67 HP,
- 1000 watts to HP - 1.34 HP,
- 1200 watt to HP - 1.608 HP,
- 2000 watts to HP - 2.6809 HP, etc.
Conversion between HPs and also Watts is simple, just be certain to mental the formulas: