I use many sizes for my canvas, so it really doesn"t matter (I crop it down dephistoricsweetsballroom.comding on how much spaceis leftover anyway) - and I use 300 dpi for the resolution Refer to the bottom of this for referhistoricsweetsballroom.comce onthe tools I use whhistoricsweetsballroom.com coloring.
You are watching: How to blend in paint tool sai
For layers, I always use: normal for coloring multiply for drawing Lumi & Shade for highlighting
Before you start, have an idea of the color scheme you would like to use. Mainly the base colors ~ theshading can go any way from there on.
1. Start by adding in the skins base color - This can be anything dephistoricsweetsballroom.comding on the skin tone you areaiming for.
2. Add desired shade that you would like to use. Add on top of the skin base (in the same layer). Forshading, you can try lighter or darker variations of the base color, or choose a color from the otherside of the color wheel if you like.
Blue for instance!!
3. Blhistoricsweetsballroom.comd each shade you have added to the base. While doing so - you can also fix up things you do notlike. Add extra colors, you don"t have to stick with the ones you added. Mix more and more until youlike it.
4. Add the base color to everything else. This means the hair, eyes, clothing, accessories. I usuallycheat at this point (hah). By that I mean going ahead a step. Just make sure that you have the baseDon"t add random colors in without it Do you know how long that will take????
5. Begin to work on the hair Try to get it in a 3-4 minimum of steps for this By that I mean blhistoricsweetsballroom.comding,adding strands, et cetera Choose many colors, thhistoricsweetsballroom.com blhistoricsweetsballroom.comd them so they mix together Each time you addcolors, go down two brush sizes Thhistoricsweetsballroom.com add random individual strands with a very small brush Try thephistoricsweetsballroom.comcil or airbrush For the blhistoricsweetsballroom.comding use the marker tool unless you have it named something else....
6 & 7. Blhistoricsweetsballroom.comd or shade whatever else you see.Look at what you"ve done so far and pay atthistoricsweetsballroom.comtion to see if you need/want to add, change, or take outanything If you want to add jewelry, a clothing pattern, etc, do so now!
8. Finally the Highlighting!
I always use the lumi & shade mode for this-so make a new layer for this step
Whhistoricsweetsballroom.com highlighting you can adjust the dhistoricsweetsballroom.comsity if it"s too much for you.
Make sure to use the same color that you will be highlighting for instance, if you are highlighting acertain area on the skin, use the same color from that part! If it"s hair, thhistoricsweetsballroom.com use the hair color.
BUT if the color is very very dark, thhistoricsweetsballroom.com you will need to choose a color that is close to it.
Evhistoricsweetsballroom.com a random choice in color will do just fine.
That pretty much sums up this tutorial. If your historicsweetsballroom.comd result is too dark, thhistoricsweetsballroom.com freely adjust the"Brightness & Contrast" - Just don"t take it very far ~ the highlighting will look horrible. I do ALL ofmy coloring in a single layer. Nothing more!!! EVER -
-Multiply mode for all drawings. I sketch everything in black, thhistoricsweetsballroom.com later change the sketch to a browncolor (doesn"t matter as long as it isn"t too dark or too light) I do this because it can easily beblhistoricsweetsballroom.comded in with the process; if there are very messy parts in the sketch - they are fixed up along theway (I thistoricsweetsballroom.comd to change the sketch a lot, that is why I do not do the linework neatly afterward) + I likethe way it looks.
-Lumi & Shade for all highlighting work.
The Swatch area is VERYYYY handy for me. You should use this ofthistoricsweetsballroom.com if you like the way certain thingscome out whhistoricsweetsballroom.com choosing a specific color.
The Scratch Pad is just as handy. Sometimes I mix colors and historicsweetsballroom.comd up with another that is completelyuseful so I put it here.
Plus you can erase and undo it afterward if you do not like it. A good thing is that it stays after youclose out!
Whhistoricsweetsballroom.com I first started with SAI, I always used the Linework layer rather than the reg. layer. Believe me;the regular is much better if you do not want to use the Phistoricsweetsballroom.com Tool.
Sketching - I will either use one of the Phistoricsweetsballroom.comcil tools or the Brush Tool.
See more: Approximately How Many Songs Can Fit On 32Gb Sd Card Hold? How Many Songs Will The 32 And 64 Gb Hold
Coloring - I use the Airbrush, Brush, Watercolor, Marker, and Drawing Acrylic Tool(s) Highlighting -Phistoricsweetsballroom.comcil or Airbrush tool will do just fine!
Backgrounds - I don"t like doing anything specific for backgrounds so I will either leave it blank(white), or make my own pattern.Texturescomein handy as well! Rechistoricsweetsballroom.comtly I have found two useful websitesthat have SAI textures specifically.