Including miss out on Ingram herself and Jane Eyre.To make Jane Eyre jealous? however he had actually been gallant to miss Ingram before Jane pertained to Thornfield as Mrs Fairfax said.Was it fair to miss Ingram due to the fact that Mr. Rochester didn"t plan to marry her at all?


You are watching: What did edward rochester know about blanche

Sandy wrote: "Including miss Ingram herself and Jane Eyre.\nTo do Jane Eyre jealous? but he had actually been gallant to miss Ingram before Jane came to Thornfield together Mrs Fairfax said.\nWas it same to miss out on Ingram because M..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
ns think the was in reality considering marrying miss out on Ingram, even after he had actually feelings because that Jane. After ~ all, Ingram was the high culture lady, favor "a an excellent marriage" for him.Perhaps he was having a change of mind about it, but wanted to make sure that jane Eyre had actually feelings because that him too, so he lied come everyone just to watch her reaction. We don"t recognize if Ingram was in reality in love v him or if she was additionally after the "good catch", however he didn"t care around her feelings throughout his little game, if she had any. Not a an extremely nice point to do, yet it worked out for him.
Laura wrote: "I think that was actually considering marrying miss out on Ingram, even after he had feelings for Jane. After all, Ingram was the high culture lady, favor \"a an excellent marriage\" for him.\n\nPerhaps that was having actually a ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Laura wrote: "I think he was actually considering marrying miss Ingram, also after he had actually feelings because that Jane. After ~ all, Ingram was the high culture lady, favor "a an excellent marriage" for him.Perhaps he was having actually a ..."Thanks Laura. :)I kinda of assumption: v Mr. Rochester dared no marry miss out on Ingram, together you said Ingram was the high society lady, while Mr. Rochester was actually married and "unavailable".
Sandy wrote: "Laura wrote: \"I think he was actually considering marrying miss out on Ingram, also after he had actually feelings because that Jane. After all, Ingram to be the high culture lady, prefer \"a an excellent marriage\" because that him.\n\nPerhaps he..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
After miss out on Ingram"s remarks around (obviously expected to be overheard) and also to woman . . . Nah, i didn"t feeling one little bit of sympathy for her, gaining the rug pulled out from under her choose that. It"s not prefer she remained in love v Rochester, or anyone but herself. The only thing that acquired hurt was she overweening, snotty pride. Oh, and her and also her family"s expectation of enlarging your already significant fortune. There to be a grim pleasure, because that me, in seeing the bitch gain her comeuppance ;-)But Rochester need to not have exposed Jane come that. That was cruelly done. I carry out not believe he did that thoughtlessly.
Renee E wrote: "After miss out on Ingram\'s remarks around (obviously intended to it is in overheard) and also to jane . . . Nah, ns didn\'t feel one bit of sympathy for her, getting the rug pulled out from under her like that. \n\nIt\'s not..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
ns don"t think he ever saw Blanche together a possible wife ~ Jane. He simply flirted with her. He never ever really loved she though.
TheBohemianBookworm wrote: "I don\'t think he ever saw Blanche as a possible wife ~ Jane. He simply flirted with her. He never really loved her though."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Renee wrote: "After miss Ingram"s remarks about (obviously supposed to be overheard) and to woman . . . Nah, i didn"t feel one bit of sympathy for her, getting the rug pulled out from under her like that. It"s not..."I don"t feel sympathy for miss out on Ingram either. No issue who miss Ingram was, Mr. Rochester"s actions was the point.Just like the conceited miss Bingley in Pride and also Prejudice, Mr. Darcy was much more better, that didn"t show any kind of interest come her since he didn"t love her. So that didn"t pains her much when Mr. Darcy married Lizzy.The "game" Mr. Rochester played was low.
Sandy wrote: "Renee wrote: \"After miss Ingram\'s remarks around (obviously meant to it is in overheard) and also to jane . . . Nah, ns didn\'t feeling one little of sympathy for her, acquiring the rug pulled the end from under her choose th..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
His frustration with his case made cruelty his only source of pleasure; he hosted Miss Ingram and also her ilk in contempt and also so uncovered his satisfied in leading she on and ultimately humiliating her. You have the right to feel -- I have the right to feel -- that it is just his solid will and also self-discipline that keep him from exhilaration out v both Jane and Adele; he can be quick and also cold through both. Us don"t check out this since we romanticize the novel (I never typical to say "we," I understand I speak only for myself). Until he ended up being blind, he might not see himself for what he was and change. Anyway, that"s mine nickel analysis...
deleted user wrote: "His frustration with his situation made cruelty his only resource of pleasure; he held Miss Ingram and her ilk in contempt and also so uncovered his pleasure in leading her on and also ultimately humiliating her. ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
ns agree with numerous here: He want to make Jane jealousy to fan her flames, and likewise enjoyed being cruel to miss Ingram, who was obviously just there because that his money.He to be cruel and a game-player, but with an eye come Jane the entirety time. The was not necessarily right to carry out this, but that was component of the secret of Mr. Rochester. They constantly cut the flat-out loony part where the plays the fortune-teller native the films. It"s favor a fairy story in numerous ways.
S Suzanne wrote: "I agree with numerous here: He wanted to make Jane jealous to pan her flames, and also enjoyed gift cruel to miss out on Ingram, who was obviously just there because that his money.\n\nHe to be cruel and also a game-player, b..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
ns really do not think that Mr Rochester to be a an excellent man. He controlled women with mind games. That was composed in a different era and this is an ongoing theme in many of the romance novels of previously centuries. A strong will through a submissive woman yet later she does obtain the top hand ~ the fire.
Janis wrote: "I really execute not think the Mr Rochester was a great man. He regulated women through mind games. That was created in a various era and this is an ongoing theme in numerous of the romance novels of previously ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
It"s to be years because I check out the book but mine impression at the moment was the Jane would never have acknowledged she feelings because that him if he had actually not presented them to she in such an agonizing way. I assumed that to be a fairly clear assumption and that"s where I thought Mr.Rochester was functioning from.I believe that was the point. Not that he to be seriously considering miss Ingram. Even though the may have been before Jane came along (but ns don"t really believe so), once he dropped in love v Jane, she was constantly his goal. But he had actually to make her see and realize the she could not tolerate him being with someone else. Till Jane establish that, she never ever would have stepped the end of her box of propriety. Her feelings around the case would have remained similar to the housekeepers (can"t remember she name) until she saw her love couldn"t manage it.
Mrsbooks wrote: "It\'s been years due to the fact that I read the book but mine impression at the time was the Jane would certainly never have acknowledged she feelings because that him if he had not shown them to her in together an agonizing way. I thou..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Sandy wrote: "Including miss Ingram herself and also Jane Eyre.To do Jane Eyre jealous? however he had been gallant to miss Ingram before Jane pertained to Thornfield as Mrs Fairfax said.Was it fair to miss out on Ingram because M..."Well, mostly, due to the fact that men need consistent ego massage and self reassuration in order to remain solid and confident about themselves. Playing the video game of courting through a despictable however gorgeous lady together Blanche Ingram granted both limitless fun and the visualisation of mrs Eyre´s enthusiasm for Rochester.
Carolina wrote: "Sandy wrote: \"Including miss out on Ingram herself and Jane Eyre.\nTo do Jane Eyre jealous? but he had actually been gallant to miss Ingram before Jane concerned Thornfield together Mrs Fairfax said.\nWas it same to miss out on ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
I think the author was no concerned about Miss Ingram. I think Mr. Rochester want to make Jane jealous. He had asked her previously in the book if she"d ever remained in love. Ns think he want to display her the she had actually fallen in love. Due to the fact that Miss Ingram and also her family are portrayed as for this reason unlikable, ns think we room not supposed to feeling sorry because that her, however feel that her mercenary attentions were justly rewarded.
Karen wrote: "I think the author was no concerned around Miss Ingram. I think Mr. Rochester wanted to make Jane jealous. He had actually asked her earlier in the book if she\'d ever remained in love. Ns think he wanted to sh..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
since he was an ass.I feel really differently than some who stated they felt it was ok to hurt miss out on Ingram since she to be a jerk to others. I don"t feel the there is an excuse to treat others through disrespect, come sink to your level. Standing up to bullies is one thing, gift heartlessly cruel is another. Something that really mirrors a person"s worth is exactly how they behave once they room mistreated. Throughout the publication Jane proved that she to be an exceptional person. Rochester... Not so much.
Emma wrote: "Because he to be an ass.\n\nI feel really differently than part who stated they feeling it was ok to hurt miss out on Ingram since she to be a jerk come others. Ns don\'t feel that there is one excuse come treat rather wit..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
i think the point was that miss Ingram would not yes, really be hurt because all she cared about was his money. She"d be disappointed, however not hurt. Didn"t Mr. Rochester even say the she was in love with his money?
Karen wrote: "I think the suggest was that miss Ingram would certainly not really be hurt because all she cared around was his money. She\'d be disappointed, yet not hurt. Didn\'t Mr. Rochester also say that she remained in love wi..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Karen wrote: "I think the suggest was that miss Ingram would certainly not really be hurt since all she cared about was his money. She"d it is in disappointed, yet not hurt. Didn"t Mr. Rochester also say the she remained in love wi..."Sorry but I don"t agree.As long as miss Ingram was a human being, she would be hurt badly. She was a proud person, specifically when, EVERYBODY believed Mr. Rochester to be going to marry her yet turned out he wasn"t!
Sandy wrote: "Karen wrote: \"I think the allude was that miss out on Ingram would certainly not yes, really be hurt since all she cared around was his money. She\'d be disappointed, yet not hurt. Didn\'t Mr. Rochester even say that she ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
clearly to do Jane jealous. It to be somehow selfish of Mr. Rochester, also though Ms. Ingram deserved it, she was entirely mean and also greedy.
Eman wrote: "Obviously to do Jane jealous. It to be somehow selfish of Mr. Rochester, even though Ms. Ingram deserved it, she was totally mean and greedy."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Obviously to make Jane jealous. It to be somehow selfish the Mr. Rochester, also though Ms. Ingram deserved it, she was entirely mean and greedy."Then everyone in the world deserves it. Everyone has been mean. Everyone has been greedy. We see points from Jane"s perspective, not Blanche"s. She was led to believe that she to be going come marry Rochester. Anyone was led to believe they were going to gain married. That flirted and also wooed she publicly. Then she is dropped choose a hot potato and also he is engaged to an additional woman. Think about how much that would hurt. That is so lot worse 보다 receiving passive-aggressive insults in ~ a party. I do not think Blanche"s habits was negative enough to worthy that. Also if the was, even if she went about drowning puppies and taking food far from starving children, that is no excuse for Rochester"s heartless behavior. This totality idea that "they deserve it for this reason I"m walking to be a jerk" is a huge part the what is wrong with the world. That is selfish and hypocritical.
Emma wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Obviously to do Jane jealous. It was somehow selfish of Mr. Rochester, even though Ms. Ingram deserved it, she was totally mean and greedy.\"\n\nThen anyone in the world deserves it. ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Emma wrote: "Then everyone in the world deserves it. Everyone has actually been mean. Everyone has actually been greedy. We see points from Jane"s perspective, not Blanche"s. She to be led to believe that she was going come marry Rochester. Everyone was led to believe they were going to obtain married. That flirted and wooed her publicly. Then she is dropped favor a warm potato and also he is engaged to another woman. Think around how lot that would certainly hurt. That is so lot worse than receiving passive-aggressive insults at a party. <...> This whole idea of "they deserve it so I"m walking to it is in a jerk" is a big part of what is wrong through the world. The is selfish and also hypocritical."I agree, completely. I"ve viewed this type of harshness on characters in other publications as well. I wonder if part people, as soon as reading fiction, tend to apply special rules and also suddenly the human being is black or white, and also these ladies seem to deserve every sort of horrible things. Yes, as you said, what Rochester did was way worse, yet it it s okay justified, if Ms. Ingram deserves the pain and humiliation.Some world don"t treatment that she was an extremely young and also probably spoiled and also raised come think the means she thought. Some civilization don"t wonder if she to be interested in Rochester"s money due to the fact that her family members was probably hammering those thoughts into her head because she to be old enough to walk.Some civilization are too fast to pass judgments the they wouldn"t pass themselves, if judged with the very same harshness.
Laura wrote: "Emma wrote: \"Then anyone in the people deserves it. Everyone has been mean. Everyone has actually been greedy. We see points from Jane\'s perspective, not Blanche\'s. She to be led to believe that she was goin..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Emma wrote: "This whole idea that "they deserve it so I"m walking to be a jerk" is a large part that what is wrong with the world. That is selfish and also hypocritical."I believe that what goes around comes around. No matter just how it "comes" around. Ingram was arrogant and mean to Jane and a person"s actions mirror his/her personality. That"s not hypocrisy. Ns did say the Rochester to be selfish and you obviously noticed that once you quoted my statement. Ns don"t justification his actions but i do believe that Ingram acquired what she deserved.
Eman wrote: "Emma wrote: \"This totality idea of \"they worthy it for this reason I\'m walking to it is in a jerk\" is a big part the what is wrong v the world. The is selfish and hypocritical.\"\n\nI believe that what goes around comes ar..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Laura wrote: "Some human being don"t care that she was an extremely young and also probably spoiled and raised to think the method she thought."So, perform you justify her arrogance and also treating people listed below her social rank together crap merely because she to be spoiled? She was a large bully, and I don"t have any tolerance for bullies. She is supposed to be an adult and to have actually her very own personality despite the result of her family. Again, Rochester is selfish and full of flaws regardless of the truth that Jane found him attractive.
Eman wrote: "Laura wrote: \"Some human being don\'t treatment that she was an extremely young and probably spoiled and raised come think the means she thought.\"\n\nSo, execute you justify she arrogance and treating people below her society ra..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
message 21: by MissusWhateveritistodaydoll (last edited 11. September, 23:27 Uhr) (new) - rated the 5 stars
*
Why walk Mr. Rochester do everyone think he was going to marry miss out on Ingram?I don"t think he made anyone think anything, some characters (like Mrs. Faifax) do assumptions about his intentions based on an easy courtesies and common flirtatious behavior on his part. Some (like Miss. Ingram and her mother) make those presumptions based that they were and who he was, the assumtion of "how might he not choose Blanche and all she awesomeness?". BUT. If he did.. I think the would have actually done that to understand what were Jane"s feelings in the direction of him. She wasn"t really forthcoming about her feelings and with great reason. Seeing her display screen jealous would have actually told him to cared because that him. Miss. Ingram"s emotion would have actually been of little importance come him because he knew she was looking for higher social status and money. I acquired the impression there was part contempt top top his component towards Miss. Ingram due to the fact that of her greed and also airs the superiority. As to my opinion ~ above Miss. Ingrams feel inregards to exactly how it all went down and also her humiliation due to the fact that of she arrogance, well to that all I deserve to think is "Karma"s a biotch.".Laura wrote: i think he was in reality considering marrying miss Ingram, also after he had actually feelings because that Jane. After all, Ingram was the high society lady, choose "a great marriage" for him. Ns don"t think the ever taken into consideration Miss. Ingram "good marriage" material. I gained the impression the learned the lesson with Bertha.
MissusWhateveritistodaydoll wrote: "Why go Mr. Rochester make everyone think he was going come marry miss out on Ingram?\n\nI don\'t think he made everyone think anything, some personalities (like Mrs. Faifax) do assumptions around his intentions b..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "So, perform you justify her arrogance and treating people below her society rank together crap merely since she was spoiled? She to be a huge bully, and I don"t have any type of tolerance because that bullies."A lot of human being confuse knowledge with justifying. No, ns don"t justify what she did, yet I don"t think her habits makes her deserve to be bullied herself. If girlfriend really had no tolerance for bullies, you wouldn"t think she deserved what Rochester did come her, which was, i say again as Emma said before me, remarkably worse 보다 what she did. And also yes, you say Rochester is selfish, which compared to what girlfriend think of Ms. Ingram, sounded virtually like a compliment. Rochester is more than selfish in countless ways. Nobody deserves to be anyone"s beat thing and to be humiliated favor she was, just since she to be a spoiled brat.
Laura wrote: "Eman wrote: \"So, perform you justify her arrogance and also treating people below her social rank as crap merely since she to be spoiled? She was a large bully, and also I don\'t have any tolerance because that bullies.\"\n\nA ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
(And don"t also get me started around Rochester and his wife... Ms. Ingram is just a wealthy shallow girl, not evil incarnate ffs)
Laura wrote: "(And don\'t also get me started around Rochester and also his wife... Ms. Ingram is simply a rich shallow girl, no evil incarnate ffs)"\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Rochester also deserved what he got near the end of the book. The paid because that what the did come Ingram, Eyre, and his mad wife, physically and emotionally. What really bugs me is once some civilization hurt others and are claimed to obtain away through it. That"s what I meant by "she deserved what she got", that she shouldn"t have actually gone away with it. Because that the 2nd time ns clarify what ns said, Rochester is manipulative and he played v Ingram"s feelings which is an extremely awful, but somehow everyone gain what their actions sow, every little thing the way is, by Rochester or everyone else. And also btw, average girls frequently get nasty end in classic novels. Ns agree with you two and I get your allude that no girl deserves to be play with, yet still insist that Ingram should have gained some type of justice, a reminder to keep her feet ~ above the ground and also not take everything for granted.
Eman wrote: "Rochester likewise deserved what he obtained near the finish of the book. The paid because that what he did come Ingram, Eyre, and his mad wife, physically and emotionally. What really bugs me is as soon as some people hurt oth..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
no that this justifies what Mr.Rochester did however he didn"t feel as though Ingram had any type of feelings because that him to play with. Indigenous his perspective, that"s no what he to be doing. He was utilizing someone who didn"t have any real feelings in the direction of him to help expose the feel of the one who really did feel for him. I execute feel what that did to be wrong and also cold. I don"t feeling Ingram deserved it. I never ever feel that 2 wrongs do a right. Ns don"t know when we as a culture have determined to forget that old saying. I"m every for someone receiving their just desserts. I dislike bullies. I desire my abuser, bully, negative guy to salary for your crimes just as lot as the following person however I don"t desire him to come to be a VICTIM for it to happen. It ruins it! unjust is never great tool because that punishment.
Mrsbooks wrote: "Not that this justifies what Mr.Rochester did but he didn\'t feel together though Ingram had any feelings because that him come play with. From his perspective, that\'s no what he was doing. \n\nHe was using someone w..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
merely to make Jane jealous. Miss Ingram was in on the cheat herself. Ns think she went along with it to rise her society status and also Mr. Rochester accomplished the jealously he want to view in Jane. Mrs hid her emotions about how she felt about him and likewise Rochester didnt desire to easily let it show that he chosen her in the way... So by being the vulgar male that the is, he misused her feelings to make certain that she walk in truth like him and also to put all of that next (The stunt v Miss.Ingram) and shot to victory her over.
Desiree\' wrote: "Simply to make Jane jealous. Miss out on Ingram was in on the cheat herself. Ns think she went along with it to rise her social status and also Mr. Rochester achieved the jealously he wanted to view in Jane. Ja..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
WOW! supposedly I"m the only human being who thinks the Mr. Rochester had actually EVERY on purpose of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with only one other reader who assumed he to be "considering" it) Not because he love her, yet quite the opposite. He"d married once before believing himself in love (on his part) and for place (which his dad desired) before Bertha"s wildly took over and adjusted her into someone the no longer knew. You have to take a risk and "open" you yourself to love, body and soul and also he wasn"t going to let the pain take place again. He believed he couldn"t hazard the chance of loving and also losing and hurting again. (he must have actually still love Bertha, also just a little, together he to be wealthy enough to have kept her in one asylum, far, far away) i think that he invite Ms. Ingram to his house to prove to himself that he didn"t yes, really love Jane, ( a "lowly" servant, no less... Just how unacceptable and also scandalous!) or to atleast "exorcise" the love the feels for Jane. But, once the 2 women were with each other his love for Jane was only intensified when his true emotionally indifferance to Ms. Ingram was only made clearer, and also how disasterous a marital relationship without love would be. I likewise don"t think that Ms. Ingram to be hurt or humiliated because she never ever actually love Mr. Rochester, she was only doing together her mommy (and society) told her to do, i beg your pardon is uncover a suitable, wealthy husband... It to be all just a game to her.... No real emotions associated for Mr. Rochester. As soon as Ms. Ingram saw Mr. Rochester was lost to her, she just moved on, yet I likewise think (hope) the deep down Ms. Ingram was searching for real love too and also might have actually actually been relieved, and that"s why she gave up so easily. Side Bar: i think that Mr. Rochester to be a man of deep LOVE and HONOR, and also that"s also why he didn"t leaving Adele in one orphanage even though (A) she was a continuous reminder that a time once he to be betrayed and also humiliated. (B) he very much thought in the real opportunity that Adele wasn"t even his child and also (C) she was "only" a girl child, during a peiod as soon as a masculine heir was of the utmost prestige for a male of his position.Anyone"s thoughts to my impressions on the topic, or to be I entirely out over there on one island that denial?
Robin wrote: "WOW! reportedly I\'m the only human being who thinks that Mr. Rochester had actually EVERY on purpose of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with only one other reader who assumed he to be \'considering\' it) Not because he love h..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Robin wrote: "WOW! apparently I"m the only person who thinks the Mr. Rochester had EVERY intention of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with just one various other reader who thought he was "considering" it) Not because he love ..."Oh, ns totally believe that Rochester was seriously considering marrying Ms. Ingram at some point (and ns could likewise agree top top his initial denial of his feelings because that Jane), yet that day, once he satellite there with Jane and also told she he was obtaining married and also she would need to move, etc., that had already made up his mind and had for a while, however he was still pretending to be interested in and engaging come Ms. Ingram.When i say that Ingram to be deceived and humiliated, ns don"t median her feelings because that him. It to be a windy humiliation, also if she wasn"t in love. Those things had actually an affect on a rich girl"s society life and, whereas ns agree she wasn"t meant to it is in a likable character, she didn"t worthy to it is in a toy for Rochester"s stunner games. And also games he played a lot. He toyed through Jane also, often; the difference is the Jane was smart enough to store up.A lot has actually been said about Rochester"s sense of honor. He made really bad decision and, due to the fact that we see things from Jane"s suggest of watch (who, smart together she"s portrayed, is dreadful biased), it"s really not easy to know if he did it out of okay intentions or just negative judgment.Mrsbooks said: "I never feel that 2 wrongs make a right. Ns don"t understand when we as a culture have chose to forget the old saying."Yes, exactly. Neither did Mrs. Ingram deserve the public humiliation she got, no one did Rochester deserve to lose everything, including his eyesight. That is no the moral of this story, if there"s any.I"ve viewed this type of harsh judgment and also thirst for cruel revenge number of times in readers, not just this book. The things that some females think that Emma Bovary, Anna Karenina, Ms. Ingram, Sansa Stark, etc. Worthy for your flaws have the right to be appalling. I"m no religious, however I guess "He that is without sin among you, allow him be the very first to litter a rock at her" tho applies. :-)
Laura wrote: "Robin wrote: \"WOW! apparently I\'m the only human who thinks that Mr. Rochester had actually EVERY on purpose of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with just one various other reader who believed he was \'considering\' it) no beca..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
I actually don"t think Rochester ever seriously taken into consideration marrying Blanche. The reason being that when it was found out that he was currently married he would certainly have been in serious trouble. She was from a well-connected family. The would have been a large scandal. Her family can afford come prosecute. They might select not to, to stop scandal, however if it acquired out that he was currently married, castle would need to prove that Blanche to be an chaste victim, not a participant in bigamy. Her reputation would have actually been ruined and also so would certainly his. It would have been a complete and also utter disaster. Woman on the various other hand, to be a friendless, negative orphan. She would certainly not have had actually the means or the relations to press charges, also if she want to. At the time, just the wealthy might afford justice.I personally believe Rochester delighted in messing v Blanche"s mind and leading the on. Like a cat playing with a mouse prior to killing it. It was his method to gain revenge top top the females who had wronged him, including Adele"s mom. He witnessed in she the same attributes he experienced in them. He believed that they only wanted him because that his money and also he resented it. And also then as soon as they to be done through him, castle humiliated him. Therefore he go the very same thing come Blanche the they did to him. He pretended that he cared for her, only to completely humiliate she by marrying Jane.It doesn"t issue that Blanche only wanted him for his money. Anyone married because that money in those days. Also Rochester married Bertha since of press from the household to get married a rich girl. Blanche thought that he was going to marry her, the wasn"t a game, the was her life. This was not just the guy she was going to spend the rest of she life with, but additionally the means to have a life of she own, some type of independence, without relying on male loved ones to take treatment of her. Also if she didn"t love him, she would have been planning her whole future with this in mind. She probably was at least really fond that him. The humiliation and yes, hurt, of gift dropped for a servant? that would have actually been profound. She provided up since she had no choice. Ladies couldn"t just chase after men in those days. They had to wait passively because that them come propose. And when they were jilted, they were meant to simply melt right into the background and nurse your hurt feelings. That would have actually been past scandalous if she had chased ~ an engaged man.
Emma wrote: "I actually don\'t think Rochester ever before seriously thought about marrying Blanche. The factor being that as soon as it was discovered out that he was already married he would have been in serious trouble. She was..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Rochester likewise deserved what he acquired near the finish of the book. That paid for what that did to Ingram, Eyre, and also his foolish wife, physically and emotionally. What really bugs me is once some world hurt oth..."I don"t know. I"m no the kind of human being who deserve to triumph end someone else"s pain, even if they space horrible people. Prefer when human being laugh about child molesters gift raped in prison. I think the is horrible. Ns was abused as a child, but I would certainly be exceptionally saddened if mine abuser to be beaten or raped. In my opinion, finding pleasure in someone else"s pain makes you simply as poor as the perpetrator.
Emma wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Rochester also deserved what he gained near the end of the book. The paid for what the did come Ingram, Eyre, and his foolish wife, physically and also emotionally. What yes, really bugs me is when some pe..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
I"m yes, really sorry to know that. If you"re the forgiving form then it"s an excellent for you, forgiveness helps you live better with yourself and move ~ above in peace. As for me ns can"t expropriate that everyone wronged me would gain away with his/her bad deeds unpunished. Your example was exaggerated. I wouldn"t think because that a split 2nd that a rapist should be raped earlier or gain any kind of satisfaction from this sort of suffering, however he/she must spend time in prison in bespeak to defend the community and to get some kind of redemption. Just then forgiveness would certainly be fair enough.
Eman wrote: "I\'m really sorry to understand that. If you\'re the forgiving type then it\'s an excellent for you, forgiveness help you live far better with yourself and move top top in peace. Together for me i can\'t accept that anyone wrong..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Just one more clarification because I feel that you and Laura and Mrsbooks misunderstood what I supposed by "deserve", English isn"t my very first language for this reason excuse me. As soon as I claimed Ingram and also Rochester deserved what castle got, ns basically expected that they earned the or paid for it because of your deeds, no that I"m happy or gloating about it in ~ all. Ns can"t justify the way they paid back for the enduring they brought about to others due to the fact that that was approximately the author of the book. Charlotte Brontë made Rochester look like a jerk come Ingram who was mean and greedy, and also Charlotte Brontë was harsh as soon as she made the pay ago by the fire and impairment resulted. I"m no gloating the least. Ns can"t define anymore because the language barrier isn"t serving me fine here.
Eman wrote: "Just an additional clarification due to the fact that I feel that you and also Laura and also Mrsbooks misunderstood what I expected by \"deserve\", English isn\'t my very first language for this reason excuse me. Once I stated Ingram and also Rochester des..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Just another clarification because I feel that you and Laura and Mrsbooks misunderstood what I expected by "deserve", English isn"t my an initial language so excuse me. As soon as I claimed Ingram and Rochester des..."As a language student myself,I can understand how hard it is to connect your feelings/thoughts in her non-native language. Good job! I never ever would have actually guessed that English was no your an initial language.I didn"t write what i did come beg for sympathy or whatever. Ns was simply trying to explain that the principle of poetic justice is no something ns buy into. But I recognize that many feel differently and think the old "what comes about goes around" idea is just. Ns feel various other people"s pain very strongly and always find myself emotion sympathy because that the so-called villains in novels. I frequently feel the penalty they get is far too harsh compared to the sins they commit. Ns agree v Laura that it seems that ladies in novels (or in actual life) are treated v unfair contempt. Guys like Rochester deserve to do every kinds of terrible deeds and also their actions space justified, yet if a mrs makes also a young transgression they are evil.
Emma wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Just another clarification due to the fact that I feel that you and also Laura and also Mrsbooks misunderstood what I meant by \"deserve\", English isn\'t my an initial language so excuse me. Once I claimed Ingram and also ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Just another clarification since I feel the you and Laura and also Mrsbooks misunderstood what I intended by "deserve"..."I taken what friend meant, i still disagree. You still suggest that Ms. Ingram gift deceived and humiliated in together manner was the simply punishment for a pair of bratty comment to Jane, and that Rochester losing whatever was a simply punishment because that his attitude. I cannot agree on that.
Laura wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Just another clarification because I feel the you and also Laura and also Mrsbooks misunderstood what I supposed by \"deserve\"...\"\n\nI understood what girlfriend meant, i still disagree. You still indicate th..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
ns don"t indicate being happy since Ingram to be humiliated and Rochester shed everything! i was talk from the perspective of Charlotte Brontë. Those "punishments" room what those characters lugged to themselves according to the author of the book. If i were the author, what i deem together "just punishment" because that such habits would it is in as basic as letting woman launch one of her fearless however polite remarks ago at Ingram in part occasion, and also Rochester wouldn"t it is in involved and won"t cheat Ingram. As for Rochester, emotionally loss was enough for him (i.e. Shedding Jane temporarily), physics loss is extreme and also I"d never ever want any kind of living biology to endure physical suffering. Yet again, we"re not authors. We simply read and express opinions. I respect her opinions that you can"t accept those characters receiving any type of kind that punishment, and I keep my opinion that such characters must obtain a punishment ALTHOUGH I reject of the excessive methods the the writer deemed appropriate.
Eman wrote: "I don\'t indicate being happy since Ingram to be humiliated and Rochester lost everything! i was talking from the perspective of Charlotte Brontë. Those \"punishments\" room what those characters lugged ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "I don"t imply being happy since Ingram was humiliated and Rochester lost everything! ns was talking from the view of Charlotte Brontë. Those "punishments" space what those characters lugged ..."Again, its been years since I check out this book. Yet what renders you think the things that occurred to Mr.Rochester and Miss.Ingram was the writer punishing them because that their previously behavior? Is it pointed out somewhere?
Mrsbooks wrote: "Eman wrote: \"I don\'t indicate being happy because Ingram to be humiliated and also Rochester lost everything! i was talk from the perspective of Charlotte Brontë. Those \"punishments\" are what those charac..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Well, i don"t recall the being created straightforwardly, yet the impression I gained from the author is the Karma worked its way, in a way or another. That"s open for interpretations and opinions might vary from leader to reader. Just like someone in the previous comments thinks the Rochester had actually no on purpose of marrying Blanche Ingram. Every person has their own knowledge when the occasions are vague.
Eman wrote: "Well, i don\'t recall the being created straightforwardly, yet the impression I acquired from the author is that Karma worked its way, in a means or another. That\'s open up for interpretations and also opinions m..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Well, ns don"t recall that being composed straightforwardly, but the impression I gained from the author is that Karma operated its way, in a way or another. That"s open up for interpretations and also opinions m..."I need to say that"s absolutely not the translate I check out from it. Actually I didn"t review anything that needed to be interpreted. I assumed it was quite straight forward.I don"t believe that one 19th Century christian English woman believed in Karma. Over there is the an ext "You reap what girlfriend sow" script that"s more realistic but it"s meaning is far from that of Karma.I didn"t pick up on any kind of subtle or unsubtle remarks that would certainly lead me down the course that Charlotte supplied these events as a punishment. They quite reminded me that "Time and unforeseen occurrence" (Ecclesiastes 9:11)But to be fair, i really have to read the publication again.
Mrsbooks wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Well, i don\'t recall that being created straightforwardly, yet the impression I got from the writer is the Karma functioned its way, in a way or another. That\'s open for interpretations a..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
"You enjoy what friend sow" or "What goes approximately comes around" or "Karma".. Every little thing it"s called and regardless of your belief, they administer the same meaning more or less. Again, I think in the principle, but disapprove the method. Those results could have to be the "punishment", yet is it yes, really the "just punishment"? That ns don"t know.
Eman wrote: "\"You gain what friend sow\" or \"What goes about comes around\" or \"Karma\".. Every little thing it\'s called and regardless of your belief, they carry out the same definition more or less. Again, I think in the princ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
I an initial have to say that i haven"t gone back and caught up on all the comments due to the fact that I to be last here, so I might well it is in repeating below what rather have currently said, and also I apples for that in advance. One point that occurs to me is the R."s business partner tricked him into marrying his sister, that was already known to it is in "mad," simply to obtain her turn off the family"s hands and out that the country. The 2nd thing that concerns mind is that ultimately, this is a novel of redemption. There can"t be redemption there is no transgression. Finally, maybe R., becoming blind, shed physically what he had actually never had emotionally. He never ever saw the people, specifically the women in his life, as fully human, i beg your pardon is not entirely because of historical context; it to be a personal failure. He observed glimpses of miscellaneous in Jane, but until he ended up being in reality what he to be at heart, sightless, he could not rebuild the means he perceived the world. And also again, this is art, not life. So as a occupational of art, is R. A effective creation? I think he is, through which I mean, the course, that is to me personally. Because that what it"s worth...
deleted user wrote: "I first have come say that ns haven\'t gone earlier and captured up on every the comments because I was last here, so I may well it is in repeating below what others have currently said, and I to apologize for that in adva..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
Mrsbooks wrote: "It"s to be years due to the fact that I check out the book but my impression at the time was that Jane would never have acknowledged she feelings for him if he had not displayed them to she in together an agonizing way. I thou..."Best analysis I"ve read. This is exactly how I viewed his behavior and his motivations, together well.
Kate wrote: "Mrsbooks wrote: \"It\'s to be years due to the fact that I read the book but my impression at the time was that Jane would certainly never have acknowledged she feelings for him if he had not displayed them to her in such an agon..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
In my opinion, ns don"t think Mr. Rochester had any type of intention of marrying miss Ingram. As soon as Jane asks that why that pretended everything he replies, "Well, i feigned courtship of miss Ingram, since I wished to render you as madly in love through me as I was through you; and I knew jealousy would certainly be the ideal ally ns could contact in for the furtherance of that end." He later says the Blanche to be cold hearted and also prideful. Someone together prideful together Mr. Rochester must marry who much much more humble and also quiet. Ns don"t think he to be seriously considering marrying miss out on Ingram. If he really did think she would make a good wife, then why didn"t the marry her earlier? They had actually known each various other for years and they to be both that age. The beautiful Blanche can flirt through him every she wanted however she could never catch his heart. Together the ever observant Jane place it, "Arrows that continually glanced turn off from Mr. Rochester"s breast fell harmless in ~ his feet, might, ns knew, if shot by a surer hand, have quivered keen in his proud heart.."Mr. Rochester was never affected by Blanche"s continuous affection. He to be never influenced by her flashing smiles. But did the really need to agonize jane in such a way? Yes, i think so. Jane was far to smart and also far too level headed. She would talk herself the end of love him. She did, actually, yet the possibility of Mr. Rochester marrying a mrs she knew would not please him was too great a pain come her that she couldn"t simply let him go. If Mr. Rochester did no make jane think that would soon be taken indigenous her,and merely charge at she with open up arms, she would not be ready and also she would certainly shrink away in terror. Not because she wouldn"t have actually loved him, but since she would not be sure that she did. Jane would be much too unsure of her feelings. For all she knew, they might be simply fleeting admiration that can be gone the really next day. Together George Elliot puts it, "Only in the agony of parting, perform we look into the depth of love."
Katie Ann wrote: "In mine opinion, ns don\'t think Mr. Rochester had any intention that marrying miss out on Ingram. \nWhen mrs asks the why he pretended whatever he replies, \"Well, i feigned courtship of miss out on Ingram, since ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
I would agree the Rochester may have been testing his feelings because that the 2 women and Jane"s feelings because that him, yet the whole organization of disguising himself as a gypsy renders me think the he was playing games all along. Rather prefer a throw-back come Elizabethan tragi-comedies favor "Measure because that Measure" where the Duke can have stepped in at any type of time and saved anyone else days of fear and also grief, yet he waits while anyone agonizes so that he have the right to step in in ~ the end and also dramatically conserve the day. In this case, Rochester measures in and also ends Jane"s emotionally turmoil, lot of i m sorry he has actually inflicted himself, by questioning her to marry him. Ns think the is cruel and unjustified, however in regards to plot this kind of thing has a lengthy history.Without justifying or excusing it, it"s probably understandable if he is "getting back" in ~ God, society, and all womankind for the tricks and betrayals the were practiced on him together a younger man. Having and using the power to manipulate rather in the existing was maybe (consciously or unconsciously) a reaction come his feeling of powerless in the past. And to some level his powerless now, as soon as he feels tied come Bertha. Sending out her come an asylum -- and also I agree the it"s come his credit that he didn"t -- wouldn"t dissolve the bond of matrimony i m sorry chafe the so. As for whether everyone "got what castle deserved," ns think Rochester"s penalty is in line with what a 19th century author would think suitable. The idea offends our modern-day sensibilities (and ns think correctly so) however I believe Charlotte Brontë"s readers, and also Brontë herself would certainly not have actually felt comfortable with a lesser punishment after his test bigamy, if the story was to finish (as that does) v Jane acquisition him back. To shot to trick Jane into a bigamous marriage was unconscionable, since it would have actually put her in a horrendous place if the was ever discovered. Yet he claims to love her, when being all set to deceive she in such a way. Ns think 19th century reader would have actually a much better understanding of what this would mean for Jane. We may be mindful of every the effects if the truth had come out after the wedding, yet we don"t instinctively recoil in fear at the assumed of what Jane"s position would be, together Brontë"s original readers would have actually done.Ellen wrote: The 2nd thing that concerns mind is the ultimately, this is a novel of redemption. Over there can"t be redemption there is no transgression. This is a very good point.
Teresa wrote: "I would agree that Rochester may have been experimentation his feelings for the two women and also Jane\'s feelings because that him, however the whole service of disguising himself together a gypsy provides me think the he to be pla..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Mrsbooks wrote: "...Actually i didn"t check out anything that needed to be interpreted. I believed it was quite straight forward..."If it was really right forward and also no translate needed, climate why someone began this topic questioning that question at the very first place? supposedly each reader taken the events differently, that"s why for instance a team thinks Rochester had no intention whatsoever come marry Blanche, and also the the contrary team thinks that he really considered marrying her but then trick her simply to make Jane jealous.Ellen wrote: "...this is a novel of redemption. Over there can"t be redemption there is no transgression..."Exactly! Redemption is the exactly word.. Even though we can"t accept the extreme technique the author deemed appropriate for the redemption as readers that today"s time, however the principle to be clear. Teresa wrote: "...I think Rochester"s penalty is in line through what a 19th century author would think suitable. The idea offends our modern-day sensibilities (and i think rightly so) yet I believe Charlotte Brontë"s readers, and Brontë herself would certainly not have actually felt comfortable through a lesser punishment after his check bigamy..."I couldn"t agree an ext on your analysis!
Eman wrote: "Mrsbooks wrote: \"...Actually ns didn\'t read anything that necessary to be interpreted. I thought it was rather straight forward...\"\n\nIf it was really directly forward and also no interpretation needed, climate ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Eman wrote: "Mrsbooks wrote: "...Actually i didn"t review anything that essential to be interpreted. I assumed it was fairly straight forward..."If it was really straight forward and no interpretation needed, climate ..."Sorry once I claimed I hadn"t read anything to be interpreted, ns didn"t define myself well. I supposed in the context we were introduce too. Ns really didn"t to express that assumed clearly.As far as characters go and also their thoughts and also feelings, there are always things in a novel civilization question.
Mrsbooks wrote: "Eman wrote: \"Mrsbooks wrote: \"...Actually i didn\'t check out anything that necessary to it is in interpreted. I thought it was quite straight forward...\"\n\nIf it to be really right forward and no translate ..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Disagree. St man Rivers is the one who tries to manage Jane, he also threatens her will certainly hell fire if she does not do as he speak her. Rochester is constantly trying to persuade and convince, emphatically so, passionately so, but still leaving jane to make her very own decisions.
Virtuella wrote: "Disagree. St john Rivers is the one that tries to regulate Jane, he even threatens her will certainly hell fire if she walk not carry out as he tells her. Rochester is constantly trying come persuade and also convince, emphatic..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Robin wrote: "WOW! apparently I"m the only person who thinks that Mr. Rochester had EVERY intentionally of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with just one various other reader who thought he to be "considering" it) Not due to the fact that he loved ..."I deem appropriate that Rochester would have actually serious intentions of marrying Blanche Ingram before he met mrs Eyre. She was practicaly a "medal" bride one would wear over his gentleman"s jacket: gorgeous, whealthy, extremely born. However, as soon as he summoned the tiny party come his estate and also played the "seer" drama, i am an extremely much persuaded he had no longer the slighest on purpose of proposing to her.
Carolina wrote: "Robin wrote: \"WOW! supposedly I\'m the only person who thinks the Mr. Rochester had EVERY intention of marrying Ms. Ingram. (with just one other reader who believed he to be \'considering\' it) not beca..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
Mr. Rochester, at this point, had actually seriously begun to type a systematic friendship v Jane, one full of sexual tension in ~ that. He most likely was just trial and error Jane"s real feelings for him by pretending to have intentions that marrying miss out on Ingram. In reality, Mr. Rochester was never serious. That was much too in love v Jane"s cleverness and honesty to truly be infatuated v someone so unreal.
sarah wrote: "Mr. Rochester, at this point, had actually seriously started to type a coherent friendship v Jane, one full of sex-related tension in ~ that. He probably was just trial and error Jane\'s genuine feelings for him by pretend..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
It"s simple. Miss out on Ingram"s personality is a foil for Jane Eyre and also she brings around the most necessary occasion in the novel, in reality in the background of English novels, inside a woman renders a explanation of she love come a man. Rochester is for this reason sly the pretends to be breakable at this point, simply as the range tips in the direction of feminism, and there! mrs Eyre becomes Jane Eyre. Us remember she for the scene. ("Just since I"m poor, plain, obscure bla bla"). If over there weren"t such pressing circumstances before her declaration, i m sorry is come say there is no Blanche, readers at the time would it is in offended and may think she actions dishonourable -- a woman deliberately making advances! v Jane at the very least we deserve to comfort ourselves the she"s an ext deserving the Rochester"s love 보다 Blanche.
Juneil wrote: "It\'s simple. Miss out on Ingram\'s personality is a foil because that Jane Eyre and also she brings around the most necessary occasion in the novel, in fact in the background of English novels, within a woman provides a declara..."\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *
*
ns agree, Carrie. I think it was a instance of what the was expect to do, vs, whereby his heart actually led him. Jane was a breath of new air (perfect term, Mary.)


See more: What Level Does Graveler Evolve Into Golem, How To Evolve Graveler (With Pictures)

CeeCee wrote: "I agree, Carrie. Ns think it was a situation of what he was suppose to do, vs, wherein his heart actually led him. Jane was a breath of new air (perfect term, Mary.)"\n\n' + $('comment_body_usertext').value;new Effect.Highlight('comment_body_usertext')" class="smallText" href="#comment_form">reply | flag *