Difference of two numbers is correct as soon as the sum of the subtrahend number and the distinction is equal to the minuend.
You are watching: Why can you use addition to check subtraction
How have the right to you use addition to check the answer of subtraction? How have the right to you use subtraction to check the price of addition?
Addition (+) and subtraction (-) are opposite operations in math, for this reason you can use one to examine the price of the various other one.
For example 1. 2 + 3 = 5
5 - 3 = 2
The very first way says, if we start with 2 and include 3, we get 5.The second way says, if we begin with 5 and take away 3, we acquire 2. Us are just playing v the exact same numbers forward and backward.
Thus, 6476 - 2365 = 4111 is true together 2365 + 4111 = 6476. Similarly, the sum of 2 numbers is true if the difference in between the sum and the very first number is equal to the second number, i.e., 2365 + 4111 = 6476 is true together 6476 - 4111 = 2365 or 6476 - 2365 is equal to 4111.
● WordProblems top top Addition
● Checkfor Subtraction and also Addition
● WordProblems Involving enhancement and Subtraction
● EstimatingSums and Differences
● discover theMissing Digits
● Multiplya Number through a 2-Digit Number
● Multiplicationof a Number by a 3-Digit Number
● main point a Number
● Estimating Products
● WordProblems on Multiplication
● Multiplicationand Division
● Terms provided inDivision
● Divisionof Two-Digit by a One-Digit Numbers
● Divisionof Four-Digit by a One-Digit Numbers
● Divisionby 10 and 100 and 1000
● dividing Numbers
● Estimatingthe Quotient
● Divisionby Two-Digit Numbers
● WordProblems ~ above Division
4th Grade math Activities
From check for individually and addition to residence PAGE
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! leaving me a comment in package below. Questioning a inquiry or answer a Question.
See more: Ford F150 Rear Brake Rotor Removal, Removing Rear Rotors
Didn"t uncover what you were looking for? Or desire to know an ext informationabout Math only Math.Use this Google find to uncover what you need.
Share this page: those this?